15 April 2014

Holy Week 2014 – Six Days

Greetings Dear Reader,

It is today so many years ago that Jesus prepares for the Passover.  He knows he will die.  He knows that his friend Judas will take money to hand him over to those who will kill him.  He knows that his closest friends will deny and abandon him.

Still he prepares to celebrate the Passover.  Still he does what the law requires.  He continues to give his life to others as he prepares to give it for others.  Everything about Christ is seen in this complete obedience. 

In this part of the drama, as it unfolds I ponder my role.  I am the disciple who will run and deny.  I am the money changer from the temple who remembers yesterday and hates Jesus because of my sin.  I am a misguided and disobedient Judas sneaking away to talk to the Pharisees.

My failures as a follower of Christ are what cause the preparation.  This drama was stage before the sun burned bright.  The cast was chosen and blocking set before there was sin at all.  God knew long before the world was formed that I would sin, deny, and fail.  Still he chose to take on human form and be killed for me.

The place of a Christ follower today is to see the preparation that is built into my redemption.  I must see the care taken for my reclamation and not waste a moment in following with all of my heart.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment