21 April 2014

Holy Week 2014 – So What’s Next

Greetings Dear Reader,

It used to be that the Christian world continued the celebration of the Resurrection into today and in some places the entire week.  In the Eastern Orthodox Church it is Bright Week.  In many places the idea of Easter Monday is to carry the celebration and blessing of the Resurrection home.  The intention has devolved over the years.

Once water was used to bless the house
Like the impact of the risen Christ this Holy Day has become more a day for added time off work.  The focus is on sporting events, family feasting, and discounted chocolate.  Lest you think I have gone mad Dear Reader, I assure you that I see nothing wrong with sports, good food, and inexpensive chocolate. 

I do, however, feel that we have lost our way in what is to be central to us.  The Resurrection of Christ needs to be central to all that I am.  It needs to inform every day not just a Sunday in springtime. 

As I consider my days and weeks I must include the risen Jesus in every consideration.  How this event impacts my faith and following is vital to all that I do.  If my life is bound to Christ then it must be bound to the Resurrection.  My following must be a constant harmony with the God-man who died for my sin and rose to show that the payment was accepted and complete.

If nothing else moves me along the path then this should do.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment