09 April 2014

How Do You Do It? – Murder and Anger

Greetings Dear Reader,

Mat 5:21- 22 “You have heard that it was said to your ancestors, 'Never murder. Whoever murders will answer for it in court.'  But I can guarantee that whoever is angry with another believer will answer for it in court. Whoever calls another believer an insulting name will answer for it in the highest court. Whoever calls another believer a fool will answer for it in hell-fire.

Anger lends itself to so many tragedies.  So many ills in life begin with anger and then that anger leads to death and destruction.  Christ understands this connection and makes it clear that the anger must be dealt with properly. 

This does not mean that we never become angry.  It does mean that we are not allowed to keep that anger.  When we hold anger inside us we are on an outward path to destruction of ourselves and others.  Anger grows, breeds, and festers inside us.  It becomes malignant and controlling.

How I do it is that I deal with anger every day.  I recognize the things and people that are causing anger.  I use grace and love to work through that anger.  I make sure that I forgive quickly.  I manage my expectations of others.  I realize that this seems like a great deal but after time it becomes habitual.

The most important thing I do is that I keep in mind just how much forgiveness I need.  How can I retain anger and resentment toward someone else when I am need in others to forgive the anger I cause in them?  I must always remember that I am imperfect and have a long way to go in my journey toward Christ.

I get angry.  I work very hard and avoiding sin in my anger.  I do not let it remain.  I put it away as quickly as possible.  I do not mean that I suppress it.  I fail.  That, however, is why it is so important for me to deal with it.  I fail.  The only possible way to move forward is to love and forgive.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment