29 April 2014

On Communism – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I honestly think that what God intends for his followers is much closer to communism than the western church is comfortable admitting.  Communism without God does not work.  Part of the mission of the church, however, is to develop community.

The common welfare is part of our commission from Christ.  We have a common mission to work as a community to meet the needs of our community.  If we are not working for a common unity then we are not following Christ.

At the core of what is a large departure from the church is our failure in this.  The church is divided within and we do not reach the community around us.  In many cases our failure is directly connected to a failure to develop internal community.

If I am not serving the community around me then I am not following Christ.  I must assure that my sense of community is grounded in the things Christ said his followers must do for the community.

Even if I were a hard core capitalist I would need to see that prosperity is only assured if I follow the commands of Christ. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment