26 April 2014

On Communism – Frist Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I read an article on the growth of Christianity in China.  The article said that this nation that is communist is on track to become the largest Christian nation.  The country is officially atheist.  The article reported that by 2025 there may be more churchgoers in China than in the United States.

As I was growing up our society did an excellent job of vilifying an entire nation.  China was the giant communist threat that wanted to destroy us.  The thing is that China is populated by people that God loves just as much as he loves us.  In truth we fail as Christ followers if we do not deeply love those who we view as lost, oppressed, or wrong.

I think that I need to think through communism.  I am not a communist.  I am not a capitalist either.   I do think that we need to honestly look at it from a perspective that puts Christ in the center rather than any system of government. 

If the church there is growing at the same time that people who once held a solid faith are walking away from it here, I must seek to understand why.  I must look at anything that will unfold information that can inform my faith.  Feel free to walk with me as I examine this.  Ask any questions that you like.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment