04 April 2014

Things I Need to Own – Life

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are supposed to hold life as sacred.  We are to assure that every human being is seen as precious and significant to God.  It seems that in this area we fail to put our resources where our belief is.

I must own that I have no right to speak out against things if I am not willing to do whatever it takes to assure that the needs created are met.  The church has waged a thirty year war against abortion.  I must ask, however, how many resources have we really put into life-based alternatives? 

If we are not willing to carry the burden of the lives we demand be preserved we need to just be quiet.  The energy we spend condemning those who provide and receive abortions should be mostly put into caring for the lives we want saved.  Until we are ready to take on the task of assuring quality of life for the mother and child we need to stop protesting, condemning, and complaining.

Do not mistake my feelings here.  I hate abortion.  I truly think it is evil.  I think it is just as evil to be harsh and unkind to those who provide abortions and those who get them if we are not going to provide for the needs of women who do not want their babies.

We used to shroud the issue of unwanted pregnancy in silence and shame.  The church should have been in the lead then of caring for women in need.  When abortion became legal we did not rise up to provide alternatives.  We instead judged, condemned, and in some cases killed.

I must own our failure to solve the problem instead of condemning the cause.  I can rage at the storm or I can provide shelter from it.  Only the second one works.  If we do not own this then more lives will be lost and our banner of life will remain stained with our failures.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. One reason I like supporting Mother & Child at B-Hawk. It's something small, but something I can do with my travel schedule.

    ReplyDelete