10 May 2014

Constant Prayer – Instant Prayer

Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that one of the things at the heart of constant prayer is instant prayer.  Whether it is an emerging crisis or amazing sunrise it is God who should be my first thought.  I should share every joy and sorrow with him in the moment. 

I think out loud to God when I am driving.  I ask him to control my temper when someone cuts me off.  I ask him to send aid to someone stranded on the roadside.  I ask him to protect the driver who is driving badly and to protect those around him.

In my daily interactions I ask for wisdom and guidance.  When I am hurt I seek comfort.  When I hear news about a friend, family, or coworker I ask for help if it is trouble or rejoice if it is good news.

At the core of my being I want to be someone who involves God in every sentence of the conversation.  I have friends who have walked away from God but they are still my friends.  When I hear them talk about the universe without God a part of my mind is constantly asking God to further reveal himself to them. 

Another part of me is asking God to salve my broken heart over their lack of faith.  I do not judge them or love them any less.  It is the opposite.  I hurt for them.  I hurt for the loss of the ability to ask them to pray for me and with me.  I used to count on that.  I pray for them for their own sake and mine the entire time I am around them.

I pray and want my life to be a constant conversation with God.  I fail at it but I strive for it.  It is God with whom I journey.  It only makes sense to talk to him.



Make my life a prayer to you
I wanna do what you want me to
No empty words and no white lies
No token prayers no compromise

I wanna shine the light you gave
Thru your son you sent to save us
From ourselves and our despair
It comforts me to know you're really there

Well I want to thank you know
For being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see
When my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have to trust
And just believe what you say
Oh you're coming again
Coming to take me away

I wanna die and let you give
Your life to me so I might live
And share the hope you gave me
The love that set me free

I wanna tell the world out there
You're not some fable or fairy tale
That I've made up inside my head
You're God the son and you've risen from the dead

Well I want to thank you know
For being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see
When my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have to trust
And just believe what you say
Oh you're coming again
Coming to take me away

I wanna die and let you give
Your life to me so I might live
And share the hope you gave me
The love that set me free

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment