09 May 2014

Constant Prayer – Praying Before you Eat

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have to admit that this is one of those things about which I have mixed feelings.  I always pray before I eat.  When I am by myself I do it quietly without doing anything to call attention to it.  When I am dining with someone who might be uncomfortable with the idea I do the same.  When I am out in public with family that believe we pray together before we eat.

I realize that praying before a meal is more a tradition than it is a requirement but it is a good tradition.  I pause to remember just how good God is.  I offer thanks for the provision he gives.  I ask for his blessing upon the time with friends and family. 

Sometimes that pause also serves to refocus my attitude and attention.  If I am having a bad day that moment can remind me of all the good things that are mine.  I can remember to ask forgiveness if I have been less than I should be with others.  It is an excellent time to pause and remember who I am supposed to be and who God is.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment