11 May 2014

Constant Prayer – Some Formality - Part A

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that even if I am to pray instantly and constantly there at times needs to be guidance and formality.  I do have some methodology to my intentional Morning Prayer time. 

I use my hands.  There are both formats of prayer and categories of prayer.  I use these formal guidelines to assure that I do not miss anything.  It is still much more important to assure that I pray constantly than that I stay within a framework.

The first methodology is to see my hand as a five formats of prayer.  I assure that I offer praise to God for who he is and all that he is to me.  I offer gratitude for the many blessings in my life.  I confess the areas where I am not following Christ as I should or where I have failed to be obedient.  I then pray for the needs of others.  It is after all of this that I discuss what I feel are my needs with God.  I then spend a few moments simply listening. 

It is not the framework that matters.  It is the praying that is vital.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment