12 May 2014

Constant Prayer – Some Formality – Part B

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I talked about formats of prayer.  On the other hand (literally) I have categories of prayer as well.  This hand allows me to remember groups of people for whom I wish to pray.  I learned this from a mentor I had when I was much younger and have found it allows structure without becoming rote or stagnant with my prayer time.

I think of the fingers of my hand as they are thought of by most people.  It make the categories easy to remember and I already remember the people in those categories.  It is as follows.
  
  • Little finger – Those who are sick or in need
  • Ring finger – Family and friends
  • Middle finger – Since it is tallest those who are in government and lead us
  • Index finger – Pointer – those who point other toward Christ like ministers and missionaries
  • Thumb – I pray for my own spiritual journey


As I said it is very simple.  It also works.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment