19 May 2014

Imagined Offenses – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I said at the beginning I am easily embarrassed but not easily offended.  If I am to be successful at being salt and light for the world then I cannot allow things to easily offend me.  Further I must not translate the offenses to individuals as will hinder my love for those people.

I must not take up offenses for others.  When I strive for justice it must be for the sake of right and wrong and for the offence done to someone.  Someone else being angry or offended does not mean that I am to be angry or offended. 

Drama, arguments, and infighting are not to be present in the followers of Christ.  We divide over foolish things and then demand that others agree with us or we separate from them.  Lives have been and continue to be ruined over this problem.

The Gospel commands us to be kind, loving, and good.  When we are easily offended or imagine offenses we lose our ability to show these things.  I must neither imagine nor cling to offenses.   I must seek peace and love at all times.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment