03 May 2014

Kintsugi – My Heart

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have a very broken heart.  It is bruised, battered, but beating.  I have been told that I have reasons to be bitter and angry.  I used to be very angry most of the time.  Things have been done to me that I have done to others.  Things have been done to me that I would never allow to be done to others.  Some of my heartbreak is because of my bad choices.  Other things are due to the poor choices of others. 

I know that I am not alone in my heartbreak nor am I the only one with a broken heart.  The difference is that I am beginning to understand that it is in that broken state that my heart beats the best. 

It is in that broken state that my old heart can be filled by the healing that Christ offers.  I can love more truly and deeply because of the difference in the way my heart works.  As Christ fills the cracks and fissures that are in my heart he changes it from it scarred form.

I gain a fraction of the ability to love as Christ loves because of the way in which he mends my broken heart.  There are still missing pieces.  Some have been carried away by others after they have broken me.  I am still waiting for Christ to mend those parts.  The difference is that now I do so in hope and love. 


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment