30 May 2014

On Earth as in Heaven – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Most of us know that this is part of the model prayer that Christ gave us during the Sermon on the Mount.  The entire sentence is “Let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”  Of course the real question that always faces us is that of determining what God’s will is.

Be assured that I am not going to attempt to tell you what God’s will is for you.  I have enough trouble keeping that up for me.  If, however, I am going to pray for God’s will to be done here I must ask what that will is.  There is always a fork in the path that demands we make choices.  How do I make the right choice every time?

As I examine what the will of God is I will only speak in generalities.  I am going to ponder family, work, and leisure in my life.  I know that I have not always followed that will.  I know that I don’t want to miss it once for the rest of my life.  I know that sometimes I will.

All I can do is ponder and prepare.  I hope that as I explore this you can find some answers as well.  If you do, it would make the journey easier if you shared.  I promise not to judge or compare.  The journey is hard enough.  If I know the will of the one who journeys me perhaps the path will seem softer.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment