19 June 2014

Choices We Make

Greetings Dear Reader,

This spring comedian Jim Carrey gave the commencement address at Maharishi University of Management.  He was his usual funny self.  He also hit on something that we all can take away from his address.

He spoke about why we make choices.  We make them out of love or fear.  He said, “So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised and practicality.”  This is so true of all of us.  It is vital that we make our choices out of love and not fear.

When we choose things out of fear we are bound to hurt ourselves and others.  When we make choices out of love we heal ourselves and others.  It is fear that drives us to jobs we hate.  It is fear that causes us to abandon endeavors that matter.  It is fear that kills our thinking and action.

I am told that fear is never to motivate me.  I must do everything out of my love for God and those around me.  I am to have faith and reject fear.  Perfect love casts out fear.  That was written by Jesus’ best friend.  It is vital that every step of the journey I move in love.  Each step I take out of fear is a step in the wrong direction.  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment