12 June 2014

Minstrels in the Gallery – Be Still Part 1

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the reasons I write this in the quiet of the morning is that I listen better then.  My Grandfather used to always say, when I was not listening, “God gave us two ears and only one mouth for a reason.  Listen twice as much as you talk.”

I think that we have co-opted so much doing into following Christ that we have forgotten how to just sit with him.  Do we really believe that he will speak and order things as he should?  I do. I still fail to be still when I should at times but when I do things are much clearer.

The other part of this is accepting the simplicity of the Gospel.  It really is about loving God, loving others, and following with all your heart.  Again we seem to load so much baggage into the following that it is at times hard to walk.

I take a moment every morning to just enjoy who Christ is.  I urge you to do the same.  It is much easier to follow if we have a clear vision of who we are following.  More on this tomorrow.

In Stillness and Simplicity – Michael Card

In stillness and simplicity
In the silence of the heart I see
The mystery of eternity
Who lives in side of me

In stillness and simplicity
I hear the Spirit's silent plea
That You, oh Lord, are close to me
In stillness and simplicity

You're the Word
Who must be heard
By those who listen quietly

Is the reason we're not still
To hear You speak because
We don't believe You will

In stillness and simplicity
I lose myself in finding Thee
Oh Lord, You mean so much to me
In stillness and simplicity

So, seek the One who dwells in you
The kingdom that within is true
That innermost reality
In stillness and simplicity


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."



No comments:

Post a Comment