07 June 2014

Minstrels in the Gallery – The Mystery

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have stated before that I like not knowing some things.  I think that when we have some mystery in life it moves us to greater things.  I also think that we can become dissatisfied with not knowing and accept less than the truth so that we can say we know.

I see people abandon faith because they cannot find all the answers they want.  I think that one of the things I love about faith is that I have to have a certain level of trust in something greater than myself.  I have written about why I believe enough that if you wish to know you can.

In short I do not want to follow a God that is not greater than me.  I do not want to know all the answers.  I find the most intriguing thing about faith is that this God would love me.  This does not come from a place of self-loathing or worthlessness.  It is rather that I am aware of the depth of my own sin.

As humans we are so arrogant about what we know.  We know so much less than we realize.  There is a mystery at the core of my faith.  The God of the universe became like me to redeem me.  It is to this mystery that I am drawn. 

To The Mystery – Michael Card

When the Father longed to show
A love He wanted us to know
He sent His only Son and so
Became a holy embryo

That is the mystery
More than you can see
Give up on your pondering
And fall down on your knees

A fiction as fantastic and wild
A mother made by her own child
A hopeless babe who cried
"Was God Incarnate and man deified?"

That is the mystery
More than you can see
Give up on your pondering
And fall down on your knees

Because the fall did devastate
Creator must now recreate
So to take our sin
Was made like us so we could be like Him

That is the mystery
More than you can see
Give up on your pondering
And fall down on your knees

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment