03 June 2014

On Earth as in Heaven – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The journey is about representing Christ as we follow him home.  It is about living out the reality of the Gospel as we are going along the way.  Over the years the church has proven that any attempts to water the Gospel through syncretization fail miserably.  The same is true of the attempts of our culture to blend with modern thought on God, faith, and following.

“Our business is to present the Christian faith clothed in modern terms, not to propagate modern thought in Christian terms.  Confusion here is fatal.”  (J.I. Packer)  On earth as it is in heaven means no compromise of faith and truth with complete compromise on preferences. 

I do not care what you think about many things.  You thoughts and opinions are yours to own.  I do not insist even that you follow and worship in the same way as I.  God is both merciful and just.  He is both kind and giving.  He is also honest.  When he says that he will not tolerate things I may not be tolerant of them.

Not tolerant of things does note instantly make me hate someone.  If I will not tolerate my child lying to me that does not mean I hate my child.  I am to love everyone for who they are.  I am to treat everyone with the goodness and mercy of God.

One can deny God.  One can demand that I tolerate things that are not Godly.  The truth is that I can fiercely oppose the idea that modern thought has no room for God.  I can fiercely refuse to compromise on the reality of my faith.  I can fiercely refuse to tolerate things that are tolerated in heaven.  I can just as fiercely love those who oppose me.  I can love them in my capacity as deeply as God loves them.  That is how his love is seen on earth.  That is my primary duty.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment