02 June 2014

On Earth as in Heaven – Unbelief

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a collective Christ followers need to stop expecting those who do not believe to act like believers.  This is short and simple.  If someone is a Marlins fan I do not expect them to cheer for the Braves. 

Is someone has not embraced Christ and all he has to offer I should not expect him to act like a Christian.  He is not obligated to the same things that I am.  This expectation actually causes a great deal of strife in the world. 

Is the command not to lie applicable to all men?  Yes it is.  Should I expect those who do not believe in God to tell the truth?  The answer is both yes and no.  We should expect everyone to tell the truth but we should not hold God’s standards.  That is up to God.

I am required to be kind, gentle, patient, and loving.  I am expected to be generous and good.  I am not allowed to hate anyone.  I cannot place these expectations on those who do not believe.  That does not mean that those who do not believe cannot do these things.  It means that I must not place the demand of those who do not believe to be so.

I do not everyone to embrace my family values.  Neither should I expect those outside of the family of God to embrace his values.  I must, however, live in such a way that they wish to have what I have.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."



No comments:

Post a Comment