30 June 2014

The Candle on my Desk

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have a candle on my desk.  It is a tall votive candle in an engraved glass holder.  The holder has the date of a wedding I attended on it.  I light it every morning during my prayer time. 

Often over the years I have introduced couples suggesting they should try going out together.  At this writing I have counted over thirty couples that are married and I was the one who introduced them or suggested they date.

The couple whose candle I am lighting, over whom I am praying is the first one to be talking divorce.  I do not specifically identify them for obvious reasons.  My heart is breaking for them.  They have so many reasons to stay together.  I love them both dearly and know that they can work beyond their issues.  I have seen them both deal with much tougher things and handle them well.

Nothing can prevent the damage that is done when one member of a marriage gives up on the other one.  It does not matter why.  Unless there is abuse going on there is no unselfish reason not to keep one’s vows.  It is never the fault of one party of the other.  Both need to remember that he or she committed in front of a room full of family and friends never to give up on the other person.

I have failed at this twice and still pay the price for it.  I know the pain daily of not having given my very best no matter what the cost.  I know what it feels to reject a spouse and to be rejected by one.  The damage seems eternal at times.

These two people have the courage and capacity to work through their issues.  I am asking you Dear Reader to pray for my friends.  I love them deeply and eternally.  God can and will heal them if they will allow it.  Like everything else we do for ill or good, it is a choice each of them must make. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment