20 June 2014

This May Sound Silly – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that many who read my blog do not believe the same things I do.  I also realize that some of the things that Christ followers believe sound honestly silly to those who do not.  I also think that we fail to talk openly about those things

My Daughter Christmas was asking questions about some of these things so I thought it would benefit us all for me to discuss it a little as we travel.  Some of the more mystical aspects of the Gospel seem foolish to us.  It is not to avoid the issue but many of them do not make sense from the outside.

Too often when we do talk about these things we do so in language that does not make sense to those outside of our faith.  We expect too much of those who do not agree with us.  We use too many words and not enough action.

As I work through this list of “silly” things please remember I am not asking you to believe what I say.  I am inviting you to understand a little more.  For those of you who do believe as I do I hope to offer a little more insight into those things. 

I will always welcome interactions and questions.  You Dear Reader are one of the key purposes in my making these scribblings public.  So as we travel and discuss the “silly” things of faith I hope you find something of value.  I would love to know if you do.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment