25 June 2014

This May Sound Silly – We Admit our Failures

Greetings Dear Reader,

Well we are supposed to admit them.  I am to be open about my failures.  I am to be vulnerable and admit to the shortcoming I battle.  I am supposed to do this with humility and grace.  It is a constant battle. 

Anything good that I achieve is because of the grace I receive from God.  I can take no pride in either the level of my sin or the deeds done by grace.  I want to be a good man.  I want to leave a wake of kindness and love for others in my path. 

I am on a journey back to God.  He gave me life and love.  I have used the life given me for both good and ill.  All I wish to do now is use it for good.  One of the aspects of being genuine about my journey is that I must admit my failings.

When I relate to others I must never appear to have all the answers or even most of them.  I really only have one; Jesus.   It is only through following as closely as I can that I manage to achieve good things.  These are not my achievements but rather things Christ achieves through me.

I can do nothing but follow.  That will get me where I am going and perhaps I can leave some light along the way.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment