16 July 2014

Mica Man – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was very young I had a brief romance with geology.  I was fascinated by rocks.  I had been exposed to quartz and its many colours and forms.  Marble was a wonder to me.  The rock that spurred my deep interest was one I found in my back yard.  It was mica.

I found a piece about the size of a dinner plate in the construction area behind my house.  I was six and easy to amaze.  I love how it peeled off into thin transparent layers.  I spent days examining, peeling, and imagining uses for this amazing rock.

Mica is a silicate mineral.  It has many uses.  What mica mostly taught me about was layers.  It comes to mind often when I think about a problem that there are many layers to it.  Many things are below the surface and I may not see them.

Who I am and how I live is also like Mica.  I am composed of layers.  As one who wishes to follow Christ I must allow him to see all those layers.  I will spend some time trying to figure out how to make every layer available to Christ.  Perhaps we can find something that will help you too Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment