19 July 2014

Mica Man – Layers Donkey

Greetings Dear Reader,

There is this scene in Shrek where Shrek is explaining to Donkey about the nature of ogres. He explains that ogres are like onions; they have layers.  He also runs through all of the things that ogres supposedly do that are evil and mean.

He acknowledges that his reputation is one that is not good.  I must always own my failures.  It is not that I must dwell on them or make them the sole composite of my layers.  I must allow that they are part of the composite that forms my layers.

I must be aware of the way they impact my thinking so that I prevent them from impacting my actions.  I know some people so tethered to their failures that use them to manipulate others.  Others use the layers of failure to keep them from acting on good things.  I must that I am made of the layers that are success and failure.

It is the sum of who I am that I must bend to Christ and his desires for me.  The pain and failure are part of that.  I must find a way to allow Christ to use my failures to make me better.  I must not allow them to limit who I become.  They are in the past.  Christ has forgiven me.  There may still be consequences but I must endure those and build better layers through them.
 
Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment