05 July 2014

Second Thoughts – Peanuts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I wrote about my feeling about Crackerjack recently.  Even though my feelings for them have not changed they played an integral part of my enjoyment of last night’s baseball game.  My Grandson, Orion was sitting next to me and I opened a box of Crackerjack. 

I offered him some.  He refused saying that Bastion (his younger brother) is the one who likes popcorn.  I gave Bastion some of the popcorn and then poured some more into my hand.  Orion immediately snatched the two peanuts that were in my hand.

He thought this was funny and proceeded to steal the peanuts every time they were poured into my hand.  I began to call him things like peanut pilferer and legume leacher.   This evolved into him taking every peanut that emerged with the addition of bipodal burglar and nut nipper.   

In the midst of celebrating the freedom of America by watching baseball and eating hot-dogs I found such deep joy in the innocent peanut theft of a three year old.  It is in those moments that I see how deeply God loves it when we approach him as children.  Even though I am completely disappointed that Crackerjack has become a second rate product I will now buy more.  I must support my peanut thief.  I must maintain that reminder of the way in which God wishes to steal our hearts for himself.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment