01 July 2014

The Crimson Thread – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have an older book that is somewhat cartoonish.  It shows how Jesus is revealed through the timeline of the Bible.  It has value to me even though it is not always as accurate as one would like.  Most of the entries are spot on but some of them demand more of the reference point than intended.

It does not change that the thread of Christ is woven throughout the Bible.  If I am to properly understand Christ as I follow him I need to see him not just in the Gospels but throughout the Old Testament as well. 

I am going to spend some time trying to look at the classic “Sunday school” stories from the perspective of seeing Christ in them.  I usually avoid topical studies as they have the danger of leaving out context and continuity.  As I am look for both those things I hope to be honest and accurate.

In an attempt to reveal this thread logically I will try to remain chronological.  For those of you who see them as just stories, I respect your skepticism.  Perhaps as we travel together for a space on this issue we can find some common ground.  Remember that I am not asking anyone to believe me.  That is between you and God.

For me this is reflective as much as it is self-instruction.  The “why” of so many things seems to point to Christ.  I want to understand that better. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment