29 July 2014

Words out of Fashion – Jesus

Greetings Dear Reader,

Although Jesus is never truly out of fashion it has become very unpopular to talk about him.  I must admit that his followers are largely responsible for this.  If we behaved in the way that we should Jesus would be very popular.

Our reputation is what becomes Christ’s reputation in our culture.  Unfortunately the worst of us gets the attention.  Whether it is a greedy televangelist or a pastor using his pulpit to teach hatred that is not who Jesus is.  When we do wrong things in the name of Jesus we damage the ability to communicate his message to the world.

Jesus is so many things that I become word-tied trying to think about describing him.  I wonder how many people who have opinions about Jesus have actually read the Gospels.  An honest look at who Jesus is by those who do not believe is vital.

I must live in a way that makes people want to know who Jesus is.  Part of my obligation as his follower is to help others see him as he is.  I must live out his love, compassion, and forgiveness in honest humility.  We no longer live in a society where one can assume that people understand who Jesus is.  I cannot ignore their need but must allow them to find Jesus and hopefully my life will help them seek him.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment