19 August 2014

Am I Enough – Job and Resurrection

Greetings Dear Reader,

When Job speaks this time it is clear he is exasperated with his friends.  He uses metaphor and hyperbole to express is pain and anguish.  What he wants from his friends is compassion and respect.  What he is getting is condemnation and judgment. 

He explains that everyone around him avoids him.  All of his relationships are suffering because of the responses to his affliction.  Job is sure he is going to die.  And in that surety he speaks a mystery.

Job explains near the end of this part of his discourse that he knows some vital things:
  • He knows that his redeemer is already alive.
  • He knows that his redeemer will come physically to the earth.
  • He know that even if he has died and decomposed that he will see his redeemer in the flesh.


The source of Job’s hope is not just that he has faith in God.  He also has faith in redemption and the resurrection.  He believes in the eventual reclamation of all things.  This is the bedrock of his endurance.  He sees beyond his short spin on the earth to that which will right all things.  This is the hope.

It must be my hope as well.  It must be what sustains me.  All things will be made right.  I must continue to follow so that I will be seen as faithful at the end.  It is the hope of the resurrection that is supposed to sustain me.  It is belief that will give me the courage to continue walking until Christ returns for me or I finally journey to him.

Keep on Walking – The Imperials

Are you weary in well-doing, walking on the road to New Jerusalem?
Are you hoping and a-praying, looking any minute for the Lord to come?
And do you see a lot of pleasant-looking places where you might lay down to take a rest?
And if you do, take a look at all the faces there, the sadness will tell you that it's best

To keep on walkin', you don't know how far you've come.
Keep on walkin' for all you know it may be done.
And the Father might be standing up right now to give the call and end it all,
So, keep on walkin'

Now if you need a feelin' to keep you on the road you started travelin' on,
You're gonna have some trouble learning that it's faith that keeps you movin' on.
And in the Lord you start your walk from sitting, but sometimes you have to take a step
And standin's not another word for quitting, it's jut takin' a tighter hold of His hand.

To keep on walkin', you don't know how far you've come.
Keep on walkin' for all you know it may be done.
And the Father might be standing up right now to give the call and end it all,
So, keep on walkin'

So keep on walkin', you don't know how far you've come.
Keep on walkin' for all you know it may be done.
And the Father might be standing up right now to give the call and end it all,
So, keep on walkin'.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

Job 19:1- 29 
Then Job replied to his friends,
"How long will you torment me and depress me with words?  You have insulted me ten times now. You're not even ashamed of mistreating me.  Even if it were true that I've made a mistake without realizing it, my mistake would affect only me.  If you are trying to make yourselves look better than me by using my disgrace as an argument against me, then I want you to know that God has wronged me and surrounded me with his net.  Indeed, I cry, 'Help! I'm being attacked!' but I get no response. I call for help, but there is no justice.  
"God has blocked my path so that I can't go on. He has made my paths dark.  He has stripped me of my honor. He has taken the crown off my head.  He beats me down on every side until I'm gone. He uproots my hope like a tree.  He is very angry at me. He considers me to be his enemy.  His troops assemble against me. They build a ramp to attack me and camp around my tent.” 
"My brothers stay far away from me. My friends are complete strangers to me.  My relatives and my closest friends have stopped coming. My house guests have forgotten me.  My female slaves consider me to be a stranger. I am like a foreigner to them.  I call my slave, but he doesn't answer, though I beg him.  My breath offends my wife. I stink to my own children.  Even young children despise me. If I stand up, they make fun of me.  All my closest friends are disgusted with me. Those I love have turned against me.  I am skin and bones, and I have escaped only by the skin of my teeth.”
"Have pity on me, my friends! Have pity on me because God's hand has struck me down.  Why do you pursue me as God does? Why are you never satisfied with my flesh?” 
"I wish now my words were written. I wish they were inscribed on a scroll.  I wish they were forever engraved on a rock with an iron stylus and lead.  But I know that my defender lives, and afterwards, he will rise on the earth.  Even after my skin has been stripped off my body, I will see God in my own flesh.  I will see him with my own eyes, not with someone else's. My heart fails inside me!” 

"You say, 'We will persecute him! The root of the problem is found in him.' Fear death, because your anger is punishable by death. Then you will know there is a judge."

No comments:

Post a Comment