11 August 2014

Second Thoughts – The Death of Robin Williams

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Every man’s death diminishes me.  Some more than others but every soul matters to me.  Every life has value.  Every spirit has a connection to my spirit.  Today one of those who gave me laughter, tears, and things to ponder has gone where I cannot yet go.  At 12:02 in the afternoon a coroner in California pronounced Robin Williams dead. 

I still carry with me so much laughter from Mork.  So many moments from Dead Poets Society informed my heart as both a teacher and a writer.  The Fisher King reminded me that I was different from so many people and that it was OK to be thus. He touched the spirit of Christmas in me that walks every day in Toys.  

Currently it is though that Robin Williams took his own life due to depression.  My greatest sorrow is that he lost hope.  I really would have sat with him, talked and listened, or done anything to let him know that he was truly loved.  I am not arrogant enough to believe that it would have saved him.  I just know I owed him a debt.  He helped me laugh and think.

Once again I find that I am at a loss for what to say that matters.  I just know that I am diminished today in a way that I cannot fit into any of my neat little boxes. Robin Williams would be opposed to me trying to do so.  I am angered, saddened, and hurt by the loss of laughter yet to come.  I will honor him by doing better at living my favorite quote from him.

“You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.”  Robin I cannot help you now but I promise to hold on to my spark of madness and fan it into a flame that you can see wherever you are.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/8/14 20:22

    beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous14/8/14 13:40

    He was a beautiful human being who needed help, even made a comment that was posted, but the pain became too much to bear.
    He gave so many of us joy and laughter ..I hope he is where all pain is gone and he has Amoy and laughter.
    Thank you M for that beautiful blog😓

    ReplyDelete