16 September 2014

The Walking Dead – All Dead in Here

Greetings Dear Reader,

A recent article I read spoke of the advances made in life expectancy for humans.  The article predicted that the cap seems to be about 120 years.  It is written in our DNA.  Odd that this was told to Noah by God at least five thousand years ago. 

In the Walking Dead the fight for life so closely mirrors the way in which we struggle against death.  The Zombies are always at the door.  They are constantly seeking to take the living.

The thing is that we constantly look for ways to prolong life and cheat death.  We do not accept that in this form we are already dead.  Every human has a physical expiration date.  I do not take this lightly.  I have felt the pain and loss of death.  I have written a novel about him.

Yes I said him.  Death is at least a specter in all our minds.  He is there to keep us honest and remind us that we are not free.  We can fight and scream against the end of life but it is there.  It is grim to some and another part of the journey to others.

Until we see that we are all dead we have no hope of seeing that God turns that death into a fighting chance to live.  We cannot get perspective until we accept the truth.  I must live as if I am dead already and seek a way to have life.  I must know that I owe that death of my own accord and not avoid the debt.  I must also embrace that it does not end there.  There is a chance to live. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment