22 September 2014

The Walking Dead – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As the new season of The Walking Dead approaches I find that I am intrigued to see the other parallels it will draw for me.  Our heroes are in a tight spot.  The situation is more grim than usual.  A way out seems difficult.

Whilst they attempt to find a place of security and safety they have instead found deeper danger.  As we have, however, there is always danger.  Death is always lurking for them awaiting a drop in vigilance.

So much about life is pushing back the lurking death.  Whether it is a desert tent or city penthouse the fight against death, the fight for life is the same.  We strive against the elements, the need for food, and time to survive.  We work, some harder than others, to provide for basic needs.  Some can afford luxuries. 

We war and barter over resources.  We buy, sell, trade and steal for gain.  We do almost anything to keep away the specter that haunts us constantly.  We owe a death.  It is a debt that will be paid and we have no control over when it will come due.

All that I can do is follow the path given me.  Christ calls me to have faith in him.  He pays my debt and assures met that death is not the end.  He offers hope and solace.  He offers peace and provision.  All he asks of me is that I follow.

If I follow I must give up my life.  Then again, it is not mine to hold.  He asks me to give up that which I cannot hold to gain that which I cannot lose.  It seems simple enough.  Like the walking dead I follow the sound of life drawn toward it by the internal force that makes me hunger for it. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment