18 September 2014

The Walking Dead – The Cure

Greetings Dear Reader,

For those who have not caught up on The Walking Dead I am trying to limit the spoilers that I spin into this writing.  However, it should be obvious to the passive reader that one of the things those afflicted with the disease would seek is a cure.  Our weary walkers are no different.  They talk about and chase rumors of a cure. 

What does a cure to a Zombie virus look like?  What is necessary to eradicate the condition that our travelers have contracted?  This is the ultimate race against time for each of them.  Living in constant danger forces them to always seek and defend at the same time.  Pockets of humanity may promise peace and safety.  Rumors of safety and a cure drive them in directions they may not wish to travel.

They seek safe harbor and a cure.  Both are necessary.  Both are elusive.  The cure is a final solution.  Any safe harbor before that is only temporary.  Again the parallel to the true human condition is obvious.  We constantly seek a cure for death.  We do not accept that it is inevitable and beyond our control. 

We get so caught up in the survival mode of life that we forget to live it whilst we have it.  There is a cure for death but those who know it often represent it poorly.  Those who claim to know the cure will often misuse it.  The end of physical existence is not the end of all life.  Those who follow Christ know this but do not always live it.

I must not talk about the cure until I show that I am cured.  I must not offer hope that I do not live.  I must not point the way to a cure that I have not embraced with my whole being.  After all I am truly asking anyone with whom I share my belief to bet everything on that belief.  If I am not willing to live it every day then I have no right to speak.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment