20 September 2014

The Walking Dead – Perspective

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the events on The Walking Dead is the birth of a new baby into the community.  An entirely new level care and protection is demanded.  There are also new dangers.  Babies are not quiet or still when you wish them to be so.

As I write this today my two year old Grandson, Bastion sits on my lap watching Mater’s Tall Tales.  He is innocent and kind.  The world has not yet tarnished his spirit.  He points out things in my writing office that fascinate him. 

What occupies my thoughts today is how I push back the darkness and death so it does not steal his innocence too soon.  How do I be the light he needs to see the escape, the cure to the walking death we all share?

I am not going to pretend to know the answers.  I am not going to avoid the truth that eventually my death will impact him.  All that I can do is be faithful and follow Christ in a way that draws him along the path as well.  It must be the light of Christ that draws him.  I am, after all the walking dead,  without the grace and light of Christ I can only infect him.

The perspective for me is that he and his brother are prime movers in my quest to be loving and selfless.  They push me toward patience and humility.  They motivate me to be the best example I can be for them. 

We are all the walking dead.  Some of us less infected than others.  All headed toward the same end.  I will never force them on path.  Hopefully they will be drawn through love and example.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment