31 October 2014

All Hallows Eve 2014

Greetings Dear Reader,

To hallow something is to honor it as holy.  So many places the commercial aspect of Christmas has already shown its face to the complaints of many of my friends.  I choose to start my Christmas season every year on this day.  I do it quietly and seriously.

In preparation for my celebration of Christ’s birth and what the journey toward redemption means to me I begin with understanding All Hallows Eve.  I promise this will not be me soap-boxing concerning the devil, witches, and the macabre. In truth I find the “evil” aspect of the day boring.

What I do focus on is that we are all intended to be holy.  I do not mean that we are better than others or pious.  I mean that we are intended to be set apart for God’s purposes.  Everything we do should be with an eye to drawing closer to him.  Everything in which we engage should focus on obeying his primary directives to love him and love each other.

I cannot show love by bashing others.  I cannot show love by expecting those who do not believe to act like those who do believe.  Today I commit my heart to beginning a celebration of all that his set apart to God.  I will honor those who have journeyed to God before me.  I will consider the price that was paid for me to take this journey. 

I will set my heart apart for God as I attempt to do every morning.  I will marvel in the creativity of those around me.  I will join in taking my Grandsons trick-or-treating on a blustery night.  I will begin a 55 day celebration of the birth of Christ that includes attempts to be generous to others and show gratitude for all that I have.

With those things in place I can with a clear conscience and loving heart greet my friends, family, and strangers with an honest with for a happy Halloween,.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment