11 October 2014

Come as You Are – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

A father who is honest and true loves his son.  He loves all his children.  He wants them to be whole and alive and if possible happy.  I love my children, Maxim, Bezel, Rachel, and Christmas so deeply.  I love my daughter in law Raven just as deeply.  My Grandsons Orion and Bastion ignite a love in me that I did not know I could have.  Last night I was privileged to share dinner and talk with my eldest Son, Maxim.  He is in so much pain. 

In an interview about his song Come As You Are, David Crowder talks about when we are inconsolable because of our pain.  I see that pain in my Son’s eyes.  I love him so much and am helpless to heal his hurt.  To any parent who loves his children this triggers one’s own inconsolability.  I am honored that he will be so genuine with me.  I have broken his trust in the past and value it so highly now.

He knows that his mother and I believe that his only consolation is in Christ.  But then again I know that is the answer for everyone.  The conjunction of his sorrow and this song have driven me to my knees in a new way over night.  I have been up for hours listening to the song over and over.  I have been praying for my Sons and their need to remember just who Jesus is for them.

I feel a father’s love for his children in a way that I cannot express well.  I cannot heal their hurts but I know there is healing for them.  This has also deepened my burden for everyone who does not see the peace and rescue there is in Christ.  It seems the world becomes more battered and weary every day.

The church has muddied the waters so much that the gospel of grace and mercy gets lost.  There is nothing anyone has to do but come as they are.  They do not need to do anything but run into the arms of a Father who loves them.  I need to explore this for a space.  I love my children and will never reject of judge them.  I will weep for them and pray for them and aid them when I can.  By extension I will weep, pray, and aid anyone else God places in my path.  There is hope but only in Christ.

I can hear the Father pleading for his children to return to him in this song so deeply it moves me to tears over and over.  I invite you to walk with me as I weep for a time for my own children and for all those who need to see the endless, unmeasurable, barrier-crushing, and healing love that is found in Christ.  I love you Dear Reader.

Come As You Are – David Crowder

Come out of sadness from wherever you've been
Come, brokenhearted; let rescue begin
Come find your mercy, O sinner, come kneel
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal

Lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
O wanderer, come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are

There's hope for the hopeless
And all those who've strayed
Come sit at the table
Come taste the grace
There's rest for the weary
Rest that endures
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't cure

Lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
O wanderer, come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are

Come as you are
Fall in His arms
Come as you are

There's joy for the morning
O sinner, be still
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal

Lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
O wanderer, come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment