30 October 2014

It Ain't Yours to Throw Away – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

So much in our society is disposable.  If I simply look at the trash I generate in a week I can honestly find ways to reduce what I throw away.  What I must also do is discern that things may be disposable but people are not. 

People will hurt us.  The past will haunt us.  The world is not a safe place to be alone.  We throw away things that are good and pursue things that are damaging.  The pain and sorrow become our companions.  They are familiar to us so we return to them knowing that harm is involved.

We throw away the good and embrace that bad.  We reject truth and embrace a lie.  The poison becomes our familiar friend until it kills us.  It infects us causing us to think it allowable to reject our spouses, harm our children, and damage the lives of others.  We reject God and justify the things we do knowing they harm others as well as ourselves.

I must realize that I must love everyone even if this includes denying what I want to do so.  No matter how hurtful my past is it is never an excuse to damage others in the present.  No matter how often I feel anger, hurt, or bitterness I am not allowed to be unkind to others.

We are not disposable.  God paid the ultimate price to tell us that.  I cannot follow Christ if I do not see that everyone matters.  I do not have to accept abuse or lies.  I do have to love those who do those things.  It is what God does for me.  I do not have to accept wrong behaviour but I must not throw away anyone.


Drink the wine, my darling, you said
Take your time, and consume all of it
But the roses were only to drain my inspiration
The promises were spoiled before they left your lips and?

I breathe you in again
Just to feel you underneath my skin
Holding onto the sweet escape
Is always laced with a familiar taste of poison

I tell myself that you're no good for me
I wish you well, but desire never leaves
I could fight this 'til the end
But maybe I don't want to win

I breathe you in again
Just to feel you underneath my skin
Holding on to the sweet escape
Is always laced with a familiar taste of poison

I don't wanna be saved, I don't wanna be sober
I want you on my mind, in my dreams
Behind these eyes and I won't wake up
No, not this time

I breathe you in again
Just to feel you underneath my skin
Holding on to the sweet escape
Is always laced with a familiar taste of poison
A familiar taste of poison, a familiar taste of poison

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment