10 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Cars

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are planning a trip to the south for Thanksgiving this year.  We are driving.  Since I drive a smaller care I have reserved one large enough for the lot of us.  I love driving.  I like getting out on the road and going somewhere.  I love the sights, the conversation, and the travel.

As I pause to consider the impending journey just two weeks away I know that I am very thankful for cars.  They carry their share of problems.  They also are a great luxury.  I have friends who do not even own cars.  I have friends who do not drive. 

So many things about my life would have to change were I not to have this blessing of immediate travel.  This year both my Daughter Christmas and I had to acquire newer cars.  God preceded us and provided two excellent vehicles.  I am blessed to have two excellent and honest mechanics I can go to when needed.

I am thankful for this gift which I do recognize as a luxury.  Plenty of people live their entire lives without a car.  Many never even get to ride in one.  As I turn my eyes toward a heart of gratitude I try to count everything.  My car is decidedly one of them.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment