07 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Grace

Greetings Dear Reader,

All too often I forget the power of certain words.  “Grace” is one of them.  I like the Merriam-Webster definition: “unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification.”  Let me explain.

"Grace" Eric Enstrom
Unmerited – a primary function of grace is that we do not deserve it.  God does not owe us anything. 

Divine – It is God that provides it solely of his good will

Assistance – It is something we need.

Given – once again it is a GIFT.  We cannot earn whatever it is that we are given by grace.

Humans – this is available to everyone.  There is no elitism or favoritism.  If you are human God has grace for you.

For Regeneration - We need to be made alive again.  Sin is what is killing us and by grace God wishes to give us new life in Christ.

For Sanctification – We also need to be “cleaned up”.  We are messed up, fallen, crooked sticks.  God uses his grace to draw us closer to him and make us more like him.

Paul wrote it this way – “It is by grace you redeemed through faith; not from your own good deeds, but as gift from God.”

I have said before that you can come as you are.  There is no need to clean up, shape up, or give up.  You do not need to do anything.  The gift is there if you will simply accept it.  Grace is one of the key reasons that we give gifts to each other.  We may not acknowledge it but it is true.

I am so thankful that God accepts me as I am.  It is in his grace that I find the power every day to follow Christ.  It is because of grace that I lived long enough to come to this place.  It is grace that will lead me on the journey until I find home. Come taste the grace.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment