15 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Love

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have said before that Christ Followers deal in grace.  They also deal in hope, mercy, kindness, and forgiveness.  This is all fueled by the same thing: love.

At the base of everything that we are to be is the command to love.  At the heart of every act of God is love.  At I prepare my heart for Advent I am thankful for love.  I am amazed by its power. I am astounded at the way it invades and permeates.  I am constrained by its force.

I am thankful for God’s love for us.  It is immutable.  It able to walk through any barrier I put up to block it.  It is the prime force in all that I can become.  It is why Christ came to seek us out.  It is why he courts this fallen race.

I am thankful for privilege of loving others.  It keeps my mind in focus and pushes me to be and do better.  And the end of all things it will be what remains.  The thoughts and actions of love will be what endure beyond time.  I am thankful that I am allowed to be a vessel to show love to others.  I love you Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment