25 November 2014

On Giving Thanks – Travel

Greetings Dear Reader,

I love to travel.  There is something so peaceful about the road at night and the fellow travelers along the way.  My mind goes to good places when I am driving.  I pray, ponder, and create.  My imagination gathers fodder for my musings.  Stories unfold in my mind as my passengers sleep around me.

I also look forward to landmarks that are familiar in my journey.  The windmills of Paw Paw, the cross in Effingham, and the drive over Mount Eagle are all beautiful things to me. I relish the sunrise after driving all night.  I love the first taste of coffee as we stop for breakfast.

Sometimes I think that I could enjoy a life on the road but there is also something about this home that I have that is peaceful.  I know that it is always the journey that matters and that may be why I life travel so much.  I mentioned that I pray when I drive.  I pray for my friends and family.  I pray for people I encounter as I travel.  It is such a beautiful long conversation with God as I drive.

As I journey home to give thanks with my family I pray for you Dear Reader.  May your journey be filled with blessings that move you to give thanks as well.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment