16 November 2014

Second Thoughts – Fall's First Snow

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Yesterday when I returned home from running my errands the sun was out.  It was a chilly 29 degrees.  There was a light wind out of the north.  This morning my yard, my home, and my cars are covered in three inches of beautiful white precipitation.  The snow is clear and fresh.  The air is frigid breezy. 

I have listened to people complain about this impending snow all week.  I rejoice in it.  The world that had turned brown and dull is now white.  The air has that snowy taste and smell that makes me feel young.  The world changes for me when the snow falls each year.

I will sit out on my porch and take it all in for a bit tonight.  I will ponder the beauty and symmetry of the billions of crystals in my yard.  I will also shovel and salt.  Even when the snow becomes a hindrance I will not complain.  It is in this snow that God reminds me that he has the power to make all things beautiful again.

“…though you sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment