27 December 2014

Closing the Year – Pigs Gone to Clover

Greetings Dear Reader,

As the year turns toward its last week my thoughts always turn toward the way in which we mark that passage.  I mentioned the phrase “pigs gone to clover” earlier in the month.  It denotes a level of satisfaction.  It is a level of satisfaction I rarely hear expressed in our culture.

Yesterday the media was filled with ads and stories telling us to be dissatisfied with what we received for Christmas.  Phrases like “get what you really wanted” offend me.  I am so very satisfied with the gifts I received.  Those who gave them showed that they know me and love me.  Even my Grandson, Orion showed he knows people in the gifts he chose for them.

Are there things I wish to have?  Yes there are.  Are any of them worth failing to pause for a bit to be truly grateful for what I have been given?  No they are not.  People took time and spend money to choose gifts for me.  That alone should satisfy me.  I value the time with my family more than things.  I value giving joy to them more than getting things for myself.  I value the privilege of meeting their needs and some of their wants.

I feel satisfied by showing them love and generosity.  I find joy in sharing my home and food with them and their guests.  The true satisfaction for me is in the lives of others.  That is what keeps Christmas in my heart the entire year.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment