31 December 2014

Closing the Year – Quiet Reflection

Happy New Year Dear Reader,

Our Christmas decorations are still in full force.  The bubble lights simmer on drawing me to quiet reflection and thought.  I will end the year in the same way.  For many years it has not been my thing to go to parties or go out on the town.

I welcome the New Year quietly by reflecting on the things that matter to me.  I pray for my children and grandsons.  I toast absent friends.  I mourn the loss of those no longer in my life. 

I think we do not ponder enough that the New Year is an arbitrary choice on the calendar.  It is convenient that it comes seven days after Christmas as it allows for an extended holiday.  Other cultures place the new year at different times.

Tonight as I sit with my toddy and quiet I will look through the list of those who have interacted with over the year through this blog.  I will pray for you Dear Reader.  I will thank God for your comments both supportive and questioning.  I value you more than you will know in this life.

I will review the work of the year as a writer and note ways that I can do better.  This post marks the attainment of a goal set last December.  The goal was to successfully post every day of this year.  Not only will I have reached that goal but the extra posts as “second thoughts” will give a tell of 400 posts over the year.  That is not a planned number but it rounds things out quite well. 

I will spend time tomorrow mapping out my writing for the year.  My goals are lofty but attainable.  I will make time to share my thoughts and questions with you Dear Reader.  I must follow Christ in every word I write.  I must speak the truth in love and endeavor to tell tales that lead us further down the path toward love and faith.

Thank you for your journey with me this year.  I hope that there has been joy for you along the way.  I know that your company has made a difference for me.  If I cannot bring you comfort then at least I bring you hope.

Closing of the Year – Wendy and Lisa

If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope
For nothing is more precious
Than the time we have, and so

We all must learn from small misfortune
Count the blessings that are real
Let the Bells ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

Let the Bells Ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

Up on the knees of a Sergeant Major
Ride through the woods with the wind in your hair
Silver bells on a stolen reindeer
As they race to the castle over there

If I cannot bring you comfort then at least I bring you hope

Now all the winter bells are ringing
Hear them echo through the snow
And the children’s' voices singing
On the streets so far below

This is a time to be together
And the truth is somewhere here
within our love of people
At the closing of the year

We'll walk in the sun
With All of the faith
And all of the Patience
All of the way
With all of us right
And all of us saying
"No one an island"
We'll fly in the arms of time
Walk in the waves, never fall
Don't fall.....

At the closing of the year...
At the closing of the year!
If I cannot bring you comfort, then at least I bring you hope
Then at least I bring you hope.....

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment