30 December 2014

Closing the Year - Resolutions

Greetings Dear Reader,

Resolve is the determination to take a course of action.  It is finding a solution to a problem and applying it.  We have turned resolutions into singing up for a gym membership that we use for month and pay for the entire year. 

Very seldom do we change because of the calendar.   It is instead that we change because we choose to do differently.  We choose to take our lives on a different course.  The fact that we think of things we need to change but delay the change until a calendar date seems counterproductive. 

In light of this I do not make resolutions for the New Year.  I set goals but I do that every month.  I make plans for the year but that is what I do all throughout the year.  When it comes to things I need to change that are good for me I try to just do it. 

I am not saying that making resolutions for the New Year is bad.  I am saying that delaying change that will benefit one may hinder the true resolve behind that change.  Things that are not healthy or right for me should be stopped immediately.  Giving them further lease is not a good idea.

Resolve must live in the moment for me.  It must be that I choose to do what is best in each moment.  I must do what is right in the middle of things.  It is saying no or yes to each moment that shows my resolve to do better for the year.  It is living in each moment with that moment resolved to follow Christ that creates a life that resolves into being a Christ follower.

A Week of Moments – Ian Anderson

A week of moments a clutch of days
Ten thousand minutes of a Passion Play.
Medley of quavers informs the tune.
Its all too much: over all too soon.

Sweet condensation on chilling wine
Travelers palm, flamboyant tree
Fast photos ripped and lost consign
A week of moments to faint memory.

A week of moments plucked from the page
Found far horizons, a sunset stage.
Suitcases bulge, in silence packed
A chapter closed: no looking back.

The lightest touch upon my arm
No fierce restraint, no call to stay.
Hushed room maids glide like pawns to king
With pool attendants in chess piece array.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment