20 December 2014

Why I love Christmas – Bell Ringing


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

I have spoken of this often over the last two months.  Today is the last opportunity I have to participate in the joyous event this season.  Even though I am not in full health today I will not forgo this precious time.

For just a couple hours of my time I get such great return.  I get to see the smiles of those who get it concerning giving to those in need as they drop pennies or dollars into the kettle.  I am enriched by those who stop to comment on the value of the Salvation Army.  I find true joy in knowing the good that will be done by the money collected.

At the center of my joy is a portion of redemption by inches.  Before she was safe someone associated with the Salvation Army did great harm to Christmas.  Each year I have seen her heal and grow to understand that this wicked man was not the sum of the face of the Salvation Army.  She has met a friend who works there and see how the organization helps those in need.

As with all things done by humans this organization has its flaws.  Overall, however, I consider it great joy and blessing to spend some time aiding in this cause.  So I will ring again this morning and pray for those in need as I do.  I will then put away my silver bell until the next opportunity.  I will not put away my thoughts and compassion for those in need.  It is a part of Christmas I carry with me always. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment