02 December 2014

Why I love Christmas – Jesus

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

It troubles me greatly that merchants and entertainment work to live the words Christmas and Jesus out of advertising and media.  It is odd to me that they are happy to take my money in celebration of Christmas but refuse to acknowledge the name of Jesus for who we celebrate.

I love Christmas because of Jesus.  I have a pewter nativity that I keep on my desk.  I look at it every morning as I write in anticipation of Christmas.  Foremost I want all of my being to reflect my love for Jesus.  I want to follow Christ with all that I am.  I want to show his love to anyone who will watch and listen.  I want people to see Jesus as he is and not how theologians and religions recreate him to be for their own purposes.

The Christmas spirit I carry is really that of my love for Christ.  The joy that I feel is because of God demonstrating his love for us through the gift of his Son.  The gifts I give have been the result of prayer that I give the gifts to my children and grandchildren that they need. 

If I could, Dear Reader, I would show you Jesus as I see him.  I am sure that the view is limited by my fallen nature.  I am also sure that his love and acceptance shines through.  I am sure that his mercy and grace would restore you as they have me.  I am positive that an honest look at Jesus would show that he is much more than the image that most people have of him. 

I love Christmas because of Jesus and not without him.  I know people dear to me who have walked away from Jesus.  To me the season has no value without him.  I will not treat those who leave him out with disrespect or unkindness.  If anything they need more kindness, love, and grace. 

As I prepare to celebrate Christ and his advent to redeem us please know that he is paramount in everything I do.  When I wish you a happy Christmas I am wishing that you find joy in the celebration of Christ.  If that is offensive know that my intent is to love and not offend.  After all, Jesus is the joy in my journey.

Mary Did You Know – Pentatonix

Mary, did you know that your baby boy would one day walk on water?
Mary, did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.

Mary, did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary, did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God.

Mary, did you know? Mary, did you know? Mary, did you know?..
Mary, did you know? Mary, did you know? Mary, did you know?..

The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.

Mary, did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know that your baby boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
That sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.

Mary, did you know? Mary, did you know? Mary, did you know?..

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment