13 December 2014

Why I love Christmas – Shopping

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

Before you t think that I have gone over the edge stay with me a moment.  When I say I love shopping it is not because of the rush, greed, and stress.  I rarely find myself in that position.  Since I plan for Christmas all year long I find that I am often finished shopping long before Christmas. 

When I go out among my fellow travelers at Christmas time I do so with the intent of being kind to others.  Sure there are few things I need to find to fill out the corners of my gift puzzle.  The joy for me though is the random opportunity to be kind to others.  I also am thrilled to spread a little Christmas cheer.

I sing as I shop.  I smile at people and say nice things to them.  I seem a little crazy but it is worth it.  I go out of my way to be good to clerks and shopkeepers.  I picture the Ghost of Christmas Present spreading the cheer from plenty’s horn as I move among strangers offering them a glimpse of joy.

I will never know if I make a long-term difference until God tells me.  I do know that I can create momentary smiles in the hearts of others.  I can be a bright spot in a grumpy checkout line.  I can be a moment’s peace for a harried cashier. 

I love shopping because it can be a real opportunity to remember why I celebrate Christmas.  I can go into the fray of the hustle and swim against the tide.  I can test my determination to be salt and light in a good way.  Perhaps I can even help someone else do the same.    

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment