27 January 2015

Did You Hear? – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We use so many clumsy words.  Most of what we say is really useless.  When we say things that are harmless it can still be idle chatter.  When we gossip and slander we move into the sinful and destructive.

Again the matter seems to be choosing for focus on doing good and positive things so that I am without time to do the wrong thing.  If I think the good thoughts then I will say good words.  If I ruminate over the good in others and enhance that in my interactions with them then perhaps others will see the example and follow it.

I must not harm others with my words either to their face or behind their back.  I must follow Christ in being honest in my dealings with others.  Everything about gossip and slander goes against being honest and kind.  Even if the gossip is true I am not being honest to my obligations to God.

In order to protect those thoughts I must be careful what I listen to and read.  Social media can be laden with traps of gossip about my friends.  Vigilance in my congress with others is paramount to keeping my mind clear of gossip. 

I am to dwell of things that are good and kind.  I cannot do this without avoiding gossip.  I really do strive to love everyone.  Being good to them in my thoughts and words is, therefore, paramount to this endeavor.

Thank you for walking with me whilst we discussed this Dear Reader.  Your company and insight are invaluable to me.  I hope I have not put too fine a point on anything.  I promise to only say good things about you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment