31 January 2015

Honest Words - Ugly

Greetings Dear Reader,

First step is to be very clear that I would never condone calling a human being ugly.  That lacks the kindness and love that is to be the basis for all my communication.  With the exception of referring to mankind (yes I realize that some of you do not like that word either.  Research the actual etymology of the word before you judge me.) there are some perfectly good uses for the word ugly.


There are things that are ugly.  I am not content to call a Blob fish visually challenging.  This fish looks like someone melted Jimmy Durante.  It is honest to say that his creature is ugly.  That does not mean that God made an error in creating it.  It is just ugly.  For the record I would be opposed to melting Jimmy Durante.

Some things people call art are ugly.  There is a multimillion dollar sculpture in this town that looks like a pile of rabbit poop.  I am not sure if poop is acceptable but it is the word I intended to use.  No matter how you put it there is some stuff that is supposed to be art that is ugly to the perception of some.  Ugly is the only word that works.

There is also ugly fruit.  It is even named Ugli.  It is like a badly formed grapefruit.  Ugly is an honest word.  It communicates.  I like it and will use it.  I will try not to act ugly when I do but it is an honest word and has a place in communication with others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment