04 January 2015

Opening the Year - Putting Away Christmas – Part the Second:

Greetings Dear Reader,

First I would like to thank my friend Lori for the video she shared.  It really touched my heart.  She also commented on the putting away of Christmas in a way that resonates with me.

Then he left through the front door
And I ran out to ask him back
But he was already gone
And stranger still he left no tracks

So I walked back to my home
Recalling all I've heard and seen
And for the first time since my childhood
That night I dreamed a Christmas Dream

The second part of my thoughts on this are that we should never put Christmas away.  The decorations may need to be stored for ten months to retain their magic.  We need to let the wonder recharge. 

The spirit, hope, love, and joy can remain.  The choice can be a daily one.  I use prompts to remind me of this.  My dishes are holly ringed all year round.  There are Christmas reminders in every room of my home.  I ponder Christmas, plan for it, and pursue it daily.

I do this so that I will be kind to others.  I do this so that I constantly celebrate Christ throughout the day.  If I do it daily then it turns into weekly, monthly, and yearly.  I want to be thought of someone who knows how to keep Christmas if any man possesses the knowledge. 

I want my family to see a good example of a giving spirit without reservation or thought of return.  I want the material part of Christmas to reflect love and generosity instead of greed and avarice.  I want to treat people well everywhere.

As I look out the window at the new snow I realize that as the decorations are put away I can hold on to their beauty by seeing all the world as a chance to celebrate the gift that is Christ.  I can part with the trappings for a time and use my longing for them to motivate me.  The focus can be loving others so deeply that I gift them daily with lights and ornaments of the heart.

As I open the new year and purpose again to live every day as if the gift given in Bethlehem is new, fresh, and alive.  I do so because it is.  After all, there is not a day that I do not wish for peace on earth and good will to all men, women, and children.  

An Angel Returned – Trans-Siberian Orchestra

An angel returned
That night through the sky
But time it was short
He had to decide

And so as he flew
Back over the land
A gift for his Lord
Was there in his hand

It was the glow of a light
It was the heart of a song
It was the tear of a child
Where they never belonged
It was the wish of a soul
On an old neon light
And the Lord smiled at him
On that cold winter night

Hear as they ring through the night
Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Here the bells ring through the night

Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Hear as they ring through the night

Listen to the bells as they ring
Listen to the message they bring
Listen to the sound
As they sing as one voice in the night

Hoping that we'll all understand
Every dream we have's in our hands
And for every bell
May they ring all through the night

Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Hear as they ring through the night

Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Here as they ring through the night

Listen to the bells as they ring
Listen to the message they bring
Listen to the sound as they sing
As one voice in the night

Hoping that we'll all understand
Every dream we have's in our hands
And for every bell
May they ring all through your life

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store." 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment