07 January 2015

To Be or Not to Be – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

All around me New Year’s resolutions are dying.  My Daughter has asked me several times about mine and this served as evidence that she has not been reading my blog.  I heard four different individuals yesterday say something to the effect of “there goes that resolution.”

I think that instead of resolving to change something I benefit from identifying what I am supposed to be as a Christ follower and being that in the moment.  As I begin the journey through this New Year I want to examine things that I am supposed to be and assess how I can be a better version of those things.

From the outset I proceed from the assumption that I can be better at all the things that are good and right.  Proceeding from there allows me to start this portion of the journey honestly.  It helps me identify the areas of my life that need to be honed, pruned, or strengthened.

Even though I love my church I don’t need another sermon or song to tell me what I am supposed to be as a Christ follower.  Those things give me ideas for application and improvement.  So as I ponder what I am “to be or not to be” I focus on the “to be.”  My Grandfather would always say that if I spent my time focusing on the things I am supposed to do I would not have time to do the things I should not. 

Walk with me as I ponder "taH pagh taHbe'!" ("To be or not to be!").  After all if I am to live a life that follows Christ I must live moments that do so.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment